- FELASA Info-sheet new edition!
- FELASA 2016 in Brussels
- The revised accreditation scheme for E&T is out!
- Two working group reports published
- 2010/63/EU - Consensus document on Non-Technical Project Summary
- FELASA continuing sponsorship programme
- FELASA collaboration on Cephalopods
- 2010/63/EU - First consensus document
- Strategic planning for research programmes
- Proceedings FELASA Congress 2010 are available for downloading
- Montreal declaration
- European Commission publishes report on experimental animals used in 2008
- Basel declaration defends animal research
- The European Directive - 2010/63/EU - is formally adopted
Basel declaration defends animal research
Posted on: 10-12-2010
The Basel Declaration reiterates the legal and ethical requirements of the signatories to reduce the use of animals as far as possible, and to keep their suffering to a minimum. But is also forcefully disputes recent efforts to declare animal use in basis research less acceptable than animal use in experiments that may yield practical benefits.
Published online 6 December 2010 | Nature 468, 742 (2010) |